The ongoing rivalry between L.A. Knight and Cameron Grimes will come to a head this Sunday at NXT TakeOver: In Your House. Grimes and Knight have been going back and forth in an attempt to win over Ted DiBiase Sr. Ted invited Grimes and Knight to the ring during the 6/8 episode of NXT and told them that their match at TakeOver will be a ladder match for the Million Dollar Championship.
There have only been four official holders of the Million Dollar Title and those talents were Ted DiBiase Sr. himself, Ted DiBiase Jr., Virgil and Stone Cold Steve Austin while he was donning “The Ringmaster” name.
The Million Dollar Title was formally deactivated in 2010 and the title is making its return. Either L.A. Knight or Cameron Grimes will be the next champion.
— WWE (@WWE) June 9, 2021
There are now four championship matches scheduled for TakeOver: In Your House on 6/13. Here’s the updated card:
- NXT Championship — Fatal 5-Way: Karrion Kross (c) (w/ Scarlett) vs. Adam Cole vs. Pete Dunne vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Kyle O’Reilly
- Vacant Million Dollar Championship — Ladder Match: Cameron Grimes vs. L.A. Knight
- Mercedes Martinez vs. Xia Li (w/ Tian Sha & Boa)
- NXT Women’s Championship: Raquel Gonzalez (c) vs. Ember Moon
- NXT North American & Tag Team Championships — Winners Take All: Bronson Reed (c) & MSK (Nash Carter & Wes Lee) (c) vs. Legado Del Fantasma (Santos Escobar, Joaquin Wilde & Raul Mendoza)