Tony Khan says Forbidden Door pay-per-view buys were ‘excellent’, offers little detail

Image Courtesy: AEW

Tony Khan did not offer many hard numbers at the Forbidden Door press conference.

Without citing exact figures, he stated that over 11,000 fans were in attendance and that the event had a live gate in excess of $1 million.

When asked about pay-per-view buys, Khan said:

I won’t know the cable and satellite numbers for a while. I’m only projecting off digital buys but we did fantastic tonight. Forbidden Door was our biggest debut of any of the pay-per-view events and then it was up last year and I expect another great result based on the digital buys, which were excellent.

Perhaps notably, Khan did not state that the digital PPV buys were higher than for Forbidden Door 2023.

He was also asked whether he was considering a media rights package that would see a split between linear television and streaming, as has been the case with certain sports leagues.

In answer, he simply said:

I’m really excited about our partnership here at Warner Bros. Discovery. It’s been amazing. We’re coming up on the five-year anniversary of AEW Dynamite this year and we’re approaching, just in a few weeks, the 250th episode of Wednesday Night Dynamite and so many great things happening in the company.

When asked whether All In could be held at a venue other than Wembley Stadium in the future, Khan said that there is “something really special” with Wembley but that All In could be a huge event anywhere in the world.

About Neal Flanagan 902 Articles
Based in Northern Ireland, Neal Flanagan is a former newspaper journalist and copy editor. In addition to reporting for POST Wrestling, he co-hosts The Wellness Policy podcast with Wai Ting and Jordan Goodman.