WWE issues statement addressing Ashley Massaro’s claims

The WWE has issued a statement addressing the late Ashley Massaro’s 15-page affidavit that made public over the past week by lawyer Konstantine Kyros.

The WWE has issued a statement addressing the late Ashley Massaro’s 15-page affidavit that made public over the past week by lawyer Konstantine Kyros.

We have detailed the contents of the affidavit on the site where Massaro alleged she had been drugged and sexually assaulted while appearing on behalf of WWE at an army base in Kuwait in July 2006 and added she was told to keep it quiet when she met with WWE officials. Last week, WWE made it public that Massaro had contacted them last year after the class action lawsuit she was part of with Kyros was thrown out and apologized for her involvement with it.

The WWE’s statement regarding the affidavit and the allegations was issued on Wednesday:

WWE is saddened by the death of Ashley Massaro, and we reiterate our condolences to her family. However, we regret that her attorney Konstantine Kyros, who filed multiple cases against WWE, lost all of them, and was sanctioned multiple times by the Court for repeated misconduct and false allegations, is using Ashley’s death to further his malicious campaign against WWE by releasing an affidavit that she submitted to the Court and later apologized to WWE for being involved with, so we wish to make certain things crystal clear.

At no time was Vince McMahon or the management of WWE ever informed by Ashley Massaro or anybody else that she had been sexually assaulted, drugged, raped or sodomized by a military doctor with a nurse standing guard while on a goodwill tour in 2007 to U.S. military bases in Kuwait. In fact, if she ever articulated such a claim to WWE, we would have reported it immediately to the Base Commander.

At no time was there ever a meeting with Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, John Laurinaitis or other company executives in which she told them of such a claim and was instructed to keep it quiet.

In addition, many of Massaro’s former colleagues at WWE have launched a GoFundMe campaign to help Massaro’s daughter Alexa with a college savings plan. They also put together the following video with the announcement of the campaign and their memories of Massaro.

About John Pollock 944 Articles
Born on a Friday, John Pollock is a reporter, editor & podcaster at POST Wrestling. He runs and owns POST Wrestling alongside Wai Ting.