MMA fighter Aaron Brink, father of alleged Club Q shooter, speaks publicly

Photo Courtesy: CBS News 8

MMA fighter Aaron Brink spoke publicly after it was revealed that his child was the alleged shooter at the Club Q this past weekend.

The tragedy saw a shooter, Anderson Lee Aldrich, open fire at the nightclub in Colorado Springs resulting in five deaths this past weekend. The suspect is facing five counts of first-degree murder and bias-motivated crimes causing bodily injury.

Brink is a 48-year-old ex-fighter, who began his career in 1998 and fought as recently as three years ago. Brink fought for the UFC in November 2000 and was submitted by future heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski. Brink continued his career fighting for various promotions including WEC, King of the Cage, Rage in the Cage, and Gladiator Challenge among others.

Brink was the subject of an episode of A&E’s “Intervention” where he was confronted about his addiction to crystal meth, which he said was developed when he got involved in the pornography industry as an actor.

In an interview with CBS News 8, Brink said he was contacted by Aldrich’s defense attorneys and Brink’s response was questioning what they were doing inside of a gay bar adding “Mormons don’t do gay” before stating that there was no justification for killing anybody.

Brink said his ex-wife informed him in 2016 after they had divorced that their child had changed their name and taken their own life. Earlier this year, Brink discovered that Aldrich was still alive and had not been close with his child.

In Bloody Elbow’s reporting, it noted that Aldrich identifies as non-binary.

Aldrich is currently in custody in an El Paso County jail and is being held without bond.

About John Pollock 4263 Articles
Born on a Friday, John Pollock is a reporter, editor & podcaster at POST Wrestling. He runs and owns POST Wrestling alongside Wai Ting.