Notes from the pre-Full Gear media call.
On Saturday, November 18th, All Elite Wrestling’s Full Gear pay-per-view is scheduled to take place. Going into the event, company President Tony Khan held a pre-event media call and below are highlights from the call, courtesy of F4WOnline:
- Khan expressed that he wants to make the most out of Sting’s last run in wrestling
- He was asked if there’s a desire to increase female involvement backstage amid reports about Megha Parekh focusing on her duties with the NFL. Khan mentioned names such as Madison Rayne and Sarah Stock being in that position and helping women and men on the roster.
- Khan states that MJF is the face of AEW in a lot of different ways.
- AEW is waiting on Bryan Danielson to get final clearance to fly. He was supposed to fly to Oakland, California, but opted to drive instead. Khan added that he’s not sure why Danielson was pulled from WrestleCade.
- He is hoping to have a lot of lucha talent involved with AEW this weekend.
- Khan approached Toni Storm a while ago about the direction of her character. They both wanted to bring in Mariah May which took longer than expected. Khan has been heavily involved with the character and hints that there’s more to come.
- When asked about his ‘announcements’, Khan said he wants to create engagement for television and social media.
- As of the media call, AEW Full Gear is at a $900,000 gate. Khan is hoping for a big walkup. He shared that All In at Wembley Stadium did over 200,000 buys.
- On the topic of cross-promoting, he cannot speak to Adam Copeland’s role in Disney’s Percy Jackson, but touched on MJF’s involvement with The Iron Claw. Khan mentioned AEW’s trip to Dallas, Texas in December being good timing.