The NXT U.K. brand has not had a show air with recent in-ring action since mid-April. The brand recently had a television taping at the BT Sport Studios in London and segments and matches from that taping will begin airing on September 17th. WWE announced that NXT U.K. is returning with the Heritage Cup. Eight talents are going to compete in the tournament and it’ll be contested under British Rounds rules.
Flash Morgan Webster, Noam Dar, Alexander Wolfe, A-Kid, Dave Mastiff, Trent Seven, Joseph Conners and a wildcard entrant round out the field for the cup. Here are the rules as followed:
– All matches consist of six three-minute rounds
– All matches are 2-out-of-3 Falls.
– Falls can won be won by pinfall, submission or count-out.
– Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
– The match ends once a wrestler has won two falls.
– In the event of a disqualification or knockout, the match instantly ends without the need for two falls.
– If all six rounds are completed, whomever is ahead on falls wins the match.
– There will be a 20-second break between each round.
The continuation of Piper Niven and Kay Lee Ray’s feud over the NXT U.K. Women’s Championship is being promoted as well. The teaser for the return of NXT U.K. can be viewed at this link.