Ring of Honor’s biggest show of their calendar year in Final Battle is scheduled for December 18th. The company provided an update on the pay-per-view via their official website and it’s noted that Bandido, Kenny King, EC3 and Flamita will not be working the Final Battle pay-per-view due to COVID-19 protocols in conjunction with the Maryland State Athletic Commission. The decision was made to pull all four men from the card following pre-travel testing.
Ring of Honor added that all four are resting at home and are looking forward to their returns in 2021. Ring of Honor currently has the majority of those working Final Battle inside of their ‘bubble’ along with production and general staff members.
With the health and safety of Ring of Honor’s talent, staff and fans the company’s No. 1 priority during the pandemic, ROH enacted stringent COVID-19 protocols in conjunction with the Maryland State Athletic Commission.
As a result of pre-travel testing, the following performers will not appear at the Final Battle pay-per-view on Dec. 18:
All four performers are doing well and resting at home. ROH wishes them a speedy recovery and looks forward to their return to action in 2021.
All other ROH performers, production staff and general staff are safely in the ROH bubble after passing their second round of tests.
Changes to the Final Battle card given this development will be announced during Final Battle Hour One, which airs free from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern on Best on the Planet, STIRR City, Facebook, YouTube, FITE, pay-per-view and for HonorClub members on ROHWrestling.com.
Prior to this announcement, here was the card for Final Battle:
* EC3 vs. Jay Briscoe
* ROH World Championship: RUSH (c) vs. Brody King
* Four Way Match — Winner Gets TV Title Shot: Dak Draper vs. Tony Deppen vs. Josh Woods vs. LSG
* ROH World Television Championship: Ryu Lee (c) vs. TBD
* ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championships: MexiSquad (Bandido, Rey Horus & Flamita) (c) vs. Shane Taylor Promotions (Moses, Kaun & Shane Taylor)
* ROH World Tag Team Championships: The Foundation (Jonathan Gresham & Jay Lethal) (c) vs. PCO & Mark Briscoe
* ROH Pure Championship: Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Flip Gordon
* Matt Taven & Mike Bennett vs. Vincent & Bateman
* Pure Rules Match: Fred Yehi & Wheeler YUTA vs. The Foundation (Rhett Titus & Tracy Williams)
* Danhausen vs. Brian Johnson