For several weeks on NXT, Pete Dunne has claimed that he is the best technical wrestler in the world and on tonight’s show, he came into contact with KUSHIDA and issued the challenge for a match.
That match was made official by NXT GM William Regal and it will take place on night one of TakeOver: Stand & Deliver on April 7th.
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) April 1, 2021
Both Dunne and KUSHIDA competed in the Battle Royal to determine the Gauntlet match competitors at TakeOver but they were eliminated and not a part of the final six left in the ring to qualify for said Gauntlet.
Night one of TakeOver is airing on the USA Network and also streaming on Peacock and as of this writing, these are the cards for TakeOver: Stand & Deliver:
Night One (4/7)
- NXT Women’s Championship: Io Shirai (c) vs. Raquel Gonzalez (w/ Dakota Kai)
- Vacant NXT Tag Team Championships — Three Way: MSK (Wes Lee & Nash Carter) vs. Grizzled Young Veterans (James Drake & Zack Gibson) vs. Legado Del Fantasma (Joaquin Wilde & Raul Mendoza)
- NXT UK Championship: WALTER (c) vs. Tommaso Ciampa
- #1 Contender Gauntlet Eliminator: L.A. Knight vs. Isaiah “Swerve” Scott vs. Cameron Grimes vs. Bronson Reed vs. Dexter Lumis vs. Leon Ruff
- KUSHIDA vs. Pete Dunne
Night Two (4/8)
- NXT Championship: Finn Balor (c) vs. Karrion Kross (w/ Scarlett)
- NXT Cruiserweight Championship Unification Ladder Match: Santos Escobar (c) vs. Jordan Devlin (c)
- NXT North American Championship: Johnny Gargano (c) vs. TBD (Gauntlet Winner)
- Unsanctioned Match: Adam Cole vs. Kyle O’Reilly
- NXT Women’s Tag Team Championships: Shotzi Blackheart & Ember Moon (c) vs. Candice LeRae & Indi Hartwell