Closing out the most recent episode of ROH TV was Jonathan Gresham defending the Pure Championship against Fred Yehi. Gresham scored the win in that match and it was then made official that he will defend the title at ROH’s Best in the World pay-per-view on July 11th.
Ring of Honor previously announced that Mike Bennett would be challenging for the Pure Title at Best in the World. This past August, Gresham became the first Pure Champion in 14 years. He’s had four successful title defenses thus far against Joe Keys, Dak Draper, Jay Lethal and Yehi.
ROH’s Best in the World pay-per-view is emanating from Catonsville, Maryland. There are seven matches on the main card and two pre-show matches.
Below is the announced card for the event:
- Brody King vs. Jay Lethal
- Last Man Standing Match: Silas Young vs. Josh Woods
- EC3 vs. Flip Gordon
- ROH World Television Championship: Tony Deppen (c) vs. Dragon Lee
- ROH World Championship: RUSH (c) vs. Bandido
- ROH Pure Championship: Jonathan Gresham (c) or Fred Yehi vs. Mike Bennett
- ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championships: Shane Taylor Promotions (Moses, Kaun & Shane Taylor) (c) vs. Dalton Castle, Dak Draper & Eli Isom
- ROH Pure Championship: Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Mike Bennett
- Pre-Show: Danhausen & PCO vs. The Bouncers (Brian Milonas & Beer City Bruiser)
- Pre-Show: Demonic Flamita vs. Rey Horus