New Japan Pro-Wrestling originally scheduled their Wrestle Grand Slam show at the Tokyo Dome for May 2021. The COVID-19 pandemic forced the company to push the event back and it is now taking place on July 25th.
The card for that show was announced via New Japan’s digital channels and rounding out the card are the following matches, which will be headlined by Shingo Takagi defending the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship against Kota Ibushi.
- Kickoff Match: KOPW Trophy — New Japan Ranbo: Toru Yano, competitors TBA
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Ryusuke Taguchi
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: El Desperado (c) vs. Robbie Eagles
- Jeff Cobb vs. Kazuchika Okada
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: Tetsuya Naito & SANADA (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi
- IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: Shingo Takagi (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
— 新日本プロレスリング株式会社 (@njpw1972) July 12, 2021
Naito and SANADA defeated Zack Sabre Jr. and Taichi at the 7/11 Summer Struggle show. Immediately after their loss, Dangerous Tekkers demanded a rematch for the titles.
The Wrestle Grand Slam event on 7/25 will be available to watch on FITE TV. New Japan’s next show is scheduled for July 13th as a part of their Summer Struggle tour. Closing out that show is an eight-man tag match between Los Ingobernables de Japon and Suzuki-gun.