Roppongi 3K is no more.
SHO and YOH of Roppingi 3K are no longer a duo after SHO ambushed his partner at the conclusion of the 8/16 Summer Struggle show. They were competing in the Best of the Super Juniors Tag Team tournament and were o-3 heading into today’s main event match.
SHO and YOH took on Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado. SHO refused to return to the ring when YOH was in trouble which led to them dropping to 0-4 in the tournament. After the match, SHO hit his former partner with the ‘Shock Arrow’.
— 新日本プロレスリング株式会社 (@njpw1972) August 16, 2021
Both SHO and YOH trained at the New Japan dojo in 2012 and their respective careers have been intertwined since then. They are 5-time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions and won three Super Junior tag tournaments.
Their last win in a traditional two-on-two tag match was in April of this year. Here are the complete results from today’s event:
** NJPW Summer Struggle Results (8/16/21) Korakuen Hall
– Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma def. Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi
– YOSHI-HASHI, Hirooki Goto, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima def. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., DOUKI & Taichi)
– Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada def. Jado & Chase Owens
– Super Jr. Tag League Match: El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori (4-0) def. Robbie Eagles & Tiger Mask (3-1)
– Super Jr. Tag League Match: El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru (3-1) def. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) (0-4)