Reigns versus Balor at Extreme Rules gets a stipulation.
The next challenger to Roman Reigns’ Universal Championship is ‘The Demon’ Finn Balor. This coming Sunday at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view, Reigns and Balor are going one-on-one and WWE announced that their bout will be an Extreme Rules match.
Reigns versus Balor is currently the only match on the Extreme Rules card with a stipulation.
— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) September 21, 2021
Extreme Rules is going to be the first time ‘The Demon’ character wrestles on WWE programming since WrestleMania 35 in 2019.
On the 9/20 edition of Raw, Roman Reigns picked up two wins on the show as he pinned Xavier Woods in the opener and pinned Bobby Lashley in the main event. Below is the updated Extreme Rules card:
- SmackDown Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair
- WWE United States Championship — Triple-Threat Match: Damian Priest (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Jeff Hardy
- Raw Women’s Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Alexa Bliss
- WWE Universal Championship — Extreme Rules Match: Roman Reigns (c) (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. ‘Demon King’ Finn Balor
- SmackDown Tag Team Championships: The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso) (c) vs. The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins)
- Liv Morgan vs. Carmella