Lashley earned a U.S. Title match.
A new addition was made to the WWE Money in the Bank match card as Bobby Lashley secured himself a shot at the United States Championship. Lashley expressed that he wanted a shot at Theory’s title, so he had to win a gauntlet match to get the opportunity.
Lashley first defeated Chad Gable, then Otis and the third competitor was Theory who Lashley bested as well.
— WWE (@WWE) June 21, 2022
Theory has been reigning as United States Champion since April. He’s had three title defenses so far, with his latest taking place at the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view.
Now that Lashley versus Theory is official for Money in the Bank, below is the new lineup:
- Raw Women’s Championship: Bianca Belair (c) vs. Carmella
- Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Seth ‘Freakin’ Rollins vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Omos vs. TBD vs. TBD
- Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Lacey Evans vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Liv Morgan vs. Raquel Rodriguez vs. TBD vs. TBD
- SmackDown Women’s Championship: Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Natalya
- Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships: The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso) (c) vs. The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins)
- WWE United States Championship: Theory (c) vs. Bobby Lashley