YouTube Members: https://youtu.be/aTqtUHAaxgI
John Pollock & Wai Ting enter the Asylum with a review of NWA-TNA #25 from December 11, 2002, featuring AJ Styles vs. Amazing Red and Jeff Jarrett vs. Curt Hennig.
They discuss the first year of TNA and its $10/week PPV model, the internal structure of the company in 2002 involving The Carter’s, the influence of Vince Russo behind and in front of the cameras, BG James and The Armstrong’s, plus WON News & Notes from the period.
Wednesday, December 11, 2002
- NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Jeff Jarrett (c) vs. Curt Hennig
- Chairs & Chains Match: Ron Killings vs. B.G. James
- X Division Championship: Jerry Lynn (c) vs. Sonny Siaki
- NWA Tag Team Championship: Brian Lee & Slash (c) vs. The Harris Brothers
- AJ Styles vs. Amazing Red
- America’s Most Wanted vs. Divine Storm
- Jorge Estrada vs. Kid Kash
- Tony Mamaluke vs. Jason Cross
This event was chosen by Espresso Executive Producer, Robbie Ellinor.
Watch this event on IMPACT Plus (subscription required): https://impactwrestling.com/channel/asylum-years/asylum-years-2002/video/nwa-tna-ppv-25-december-11-2002/
Check out the Rewind-A-Wai Archives for all patrons: https://www.postwrestling.com/category/podcasts/postwrestlingcafe/raw/
Next time on Rewind-A-Wai… WWF Superstars (5/30/92)