Conor McGregor accused of attacking female on yacht, rep denies accusations

Conor McGregor is being accused of attacking a woman on a yacht last summer, according to a recent report.

The Majorca Daily Bulletin in Spain reports that the UFC fighter is being investigated for allegedly attacking a woman on July 16th after McGregor had a birthday party.

The unidentified woman stated she knew McGregor as they were from the same neighborhood in Dublin and she said she was present on McGregor’s yacht on July 16th.

The Marca news outlet reported that initially, the woman told officers that McGregor attacked her, but then changed her story regarding the identity of the alleged assailant. Afterward, she filed a report against McGregor in Ireland.

The woman alleges that McGregor became confrontational and insulted her appearance before kicking her in the stomach, punching her, and threatening to drown her.

She issued a statement to the gardaí (Irish police force), which typically conceals the identity of those being investigated. The woman said his behavior changed very quickly and that “it was as if he was possessed” as she exited the yacht for fear of her safety adding that she thought he would have killed her.

She said that she jumped from the yacht and was eventually taken to shore by a Red Cross boat.

She filed a complaint with the police in Ireland days after the incident with an investigation ongoing.

MMA Mania received the following statement from a representative for McGregor:

Mr. McGregor is steadfast in his denial of all the accusations made by a guest on his boat.

This is the latest in a long line of legal issues concerning the former UFC champion, which includes a sexual assault investigation in 2018, which McGregor’s representatives “categorically rejected” and prosecutors declined to prosecute McGregor. He has faced multiple accusations of assault over the years.

McGregor, 34, last fought at UFC 264 in July 2021 with his second consecutive loss to Dustin Poirier where McGregor suffered a broken tibia.

Last year, he removed himself from the USADA testing pool and would need six months in the pool before he can fight again.

About John Pollock 4435 Articles
Born on a Friday, John Pollock is a reporter, editor & podcaster at POST Wrestling. He runs and owns POST Wrestling alongside Wai Ting.