Night one of NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver concluded with Raquel Gonzalez defeating Io Shirai for the NXT Women’s Championship. Following the event going off the air, Paul “Triple H” Levesque hosted his post-TakeOver media call and he was joined by Shawn Michaels.
Below are highlights from the call and the audio can be heard via Prowrestling.net:
- Levesque says the case can be made for Io Shirai to be the best female performer in the world. Added that Raquel Gonzalez was the right person and this was the right time.
- Shawn Michaels recalls being at one of the NXT house shows in Florida and immediately thinking that Raquel and Rhea Ripley would be stars.
- Levesque feels that Io has earned the right to either take time off or get the rematch with Raquel. Levesque laughed when he thought about how every time someone loses, people assume that a call-up is happening. Michaels says Io doesn’t have to go anywhere when she can face the best in NXT.
- A question about Erick Redbeard saying he wants to face WALTER was brought up. Levesque did not address the Redbeard portion but spoke highly of WALTER. He said WALTER is headed back overseas for a bit.
- Continuing on the topic of WALTER, Levesque proposed for him to work NXT and NXT UK shows if he is interested.
- Shawn Michaels and Paul Levesque praised the likes of Sara Amato, Matt Bloom, William Regal, Terry Taylor and fellow members of the NXT team.
- Levesque clarified the details of his recent talent meeting. He said the reports of it were inaccurate and no other company was brought up.
- Michaels was asked about his stare down with Adam Cole on NXT TV. He says it was just a fun moment.
- Both Michaels and Levesque spoke highly of Zoey Stark, praising her work ethic and being able to step up to the plate when opportunities arise.
Check out POST Wrestling’s audio review of TakeOver: Stand & Deliver night one at this link.