Ishii and Tanahashi are scheduled for the forthcoming NJPW STRONG tapings.
Next weekend, New Japan Pro-Wrestling is running the L.A. Coliseum for their Resurgence show. Both Hiroshi Tanahashi and Tomohiro Ishii have singles matches at Resurgence and coming out of that, they both will be present at the following NJPW STRONG tapings in California, as announced by New Japan.
#njpwSTRONG announcement 1⃣
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Tomohiro Ishii are coming to STRONG!
Both will be a part of tapings on August 16 in Thunder Studios!
— NJPW Global (@njpwglobal) August 5, 2021
At Resurgence, Tanahashi is challenging Lance Archer for the IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Title. Ishii is going one-on-one with IMPACT Wrestling’s Moose and here’s the updated lineup for Resurgence:
- NEVER Openweight Championship: Jay White (c) vs. David Finlay
- Alex Coughlin vs. Karl Fredericks
- Rocky Romero, Fred Rosser & Wheeler YUTA vs. Ren Narita, Clark Connors & TJP
- IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Championship: Lance Archer (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Jon Moxley & TBA vs. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)
- Moose vs. Tomohiro Ishii
NJPW STRONG tapings are also taking place in Fort Worth, Texas and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania this Fall. The Fort Worth tapings are in September on the 25th and 26th of that month. NJPW will be running out of the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia on October 15th and 16th.