An Interim ROH Women’s Champion will be crowned.
This coming Friday, Ring of Honor’s first show since Final Battle 2021 and since being acquired by AEW’s Tony Khan is taking place. Supercard of Honor will emanate from Garland, Texas and at the event, Willow Nightingale and Mercedes Martinez are scheduled to go one-on-one to crown an Interim ROH Women’s World Champion.
ROH Supercard of Honor
Interim @ringofhonor Women’s World Title:@willowwrestles vs @RealMMartinez
Winner to Face Champion @DeonnaPurrazzo (Unavailable on Friday) at a Later Date
ROH tickets @ https://t.co/g7FvET2sJJ +
PPV @FiteTV & https://t.co/4Pv27o5BEX pic.twitter.com/bSCsDAWGnb
— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) March 28, 2022
The winner of this match will take on reigning ROH Women’s Champion Deonna Purrazzo at a later date. Purrazzo became champion this past January when she defeated current WWE talent Rok-C at an IMPACT Wrestling TV taping.
There have only been two ROH Women’s World Champions since the title was re-introduced in 2021. Below is the updated lineup for Supercard of Honor:
- Undisputed ROH World Championship — Winner Takes All: Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Bandido (c)
- ROH World Tag Team Championships: The Briscoes (Mark & Jay Briscoe) (c) vs. FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler)
- Swerve Strickland vs. Alex Zayne
- Jay Lethal vs. Lee Moriarty (w/ Matt Sydal)
- ROH Pure Championship: Josh Woods (c) vs. Wheeler YUTA
- Interim ROH Women’s World Championship: Willow Nightingale vs. Mercedes Martinez